fredag 8. september 2006

Bryson om Bryson

Riktig mye tyder på at Bill Brysons nye bok, selvbiografien "The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid" er rasende morsom. Spesielt utdragene (de tre første kapitlene) på websidene til The Guardian. For eksempel da lille Billy lærer om mysteriene rundt sex:

"So I rushed into his bedroom, expecting to find him unpacking. To my surprise, the shades were drawn and my parents were in bed wrestling under the sheets. More astonishing still, my mother was winning. My father was obviously in some distress. He was making a noise like a small trapped animal.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Ah, Billy, your mother is just checking my teeth," my father replied quickly, if not altogether convincingly.

We were all quiet a moment.

"Are you bare under there?" I asked.

"Why, yes we are."

"Why?"

"Well," my father said as if that was a story that would take some telling, "we got a bit warm. It's warm work, teeth and gums and so on. Look, Billy, we're nearly finished here. Why don't you go downstairs and we'll be down shortly."

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar